The Best Bottom Loading Water Dispensers In The Market
If you’ve owned a traditional water dispenser before, you know how much trouble it is to load a 5 gallon water jug on it just so you can drink hot or cold water. These jugs are heavy and if you slip, it can leave a mess and not to mention, drop it on your toes(that’s gonna leave a mark). The good news is, there’s a simpler way to enjoy both hot and cold water without lifting a heavy water jug. Enter the bottom loading water coolers. They work exactly like they sound. You will not have to lift heavy jugs. All you have to do is just slide the jug in the compartment and you’re good to go.
So if you are looking for one, let this guide help you. We have selected the top 5 bottom loading water dispensers on the market today. Then you can convince your office manager or your wife or husband to get any one of these five dispensers. You can’t go wrong if you choose any of the dispensers we will recommend. So without further ado, here are the best bottom loading water dispensers in the market today.
Hamilton Beach BL 1 4A – Best Bottom Load Water Cooler
The Hamilton Beach BL 14A is among the favorites. With this dispenser, you can have your hot cup of tea at breakfast or soup for lunch, cold refreshing water for your reusable water bottle, or just water at room temperature for whenever you want it. The best thing about this water dispenser is that even though the water jug is hidden, you will always know when to replace because it has an indicator that tell you if you are running low on water.
- No filters are needed
- Has a removable tray that dishwasher-safe
- Has a built in safety locks to prevent children from using the hot water buttons
- Energy star compliant
- ETL certified
- Provides steamy hot, room temperature and cold water
- Has an empty water indicator
- Water is drawn in by suction
- Easy to install
- Very easy to replace the water jug
- Water flow is greatly affected by the pressure
- Suction can become loose if the jug not replaced correctly
- Will leak if jug not installed properly
- Switches can become loose. You will have to wiggle or jiggle them back with a paperclip or screwdriver
- Room temperature water is too cold
Primo Bottom Load Water Dispenser – Best Free Standing Hot and Cold
The sleek and black Primo Bottom Load Water Dispenser is the best free standing hot and cold water dispenser to date. This is by Primo Water. This 41-inche high water dispenser will be able to save your back from aches and pains. It is also considered as the lightest water dispenser, only weighing in at 16 pounds. Most dispensers weigh around 40 to 45 pounds. The good thing about this dispenser is it is able to work with different brands of water bottles.
- Compatible with 3 or 5 gallon water jugs
- Water gets hot enough for tea, soup and food that require hot water
- Adjustable cavity
- Cold water temperature seems to be just right
- The buttons are fun to press which makes it a hit for kids
- Fits nicely into a corner or next to counter space
- No known issues or problems
- Very well packaged
- Recommended for a small office or at home
- Only comes in black
- Not accurate in reporting if jug is empty
- No adjustable thermostat
- Leaking issues
Avalon Bottom Loading – Best 3 Temperature Dispenser
Highly considered as one of the best bottom loading water dispensers today, the Avalon Bottom Loading dispenser has a sleek and modern look due to its black and chrome accents. It will fit into your home or office quite easily. Best of all, it has three water temperatures to choose from: hot, cold and room temperature. It also features a built in night light to help you out when you need a glass of water in the middle of the night. Lastly, it has a child-proof lock so it is not able to dispense hot water to kids who don’t know how to operate it.
- No need to strain your back lifting and flipping the water jug
- Energy Star approved
- Features a child safety lock
- Has a night light
- It is at a comfortable height(45 inches)
- Comes with a pump
- You can turn the heater off
- Uses a real compressor
- Compatible with a 3 or 5 gallon jug
- Cold water is 39° F
- Hot water is 150° F
- Very economical in the long run
- Must be cleaned regularly or the water will begin to taste funny
- Taps are known to not work after a month or so
Honeywell HWB1033W Cabinet – Best Freestanding Hot, Cold and Room Water Dispenser
Although this water dispenser is not as aesthetically pleasing, the Honeywell HWB1033W Cabinet does its job well. It fits better in a home rather than an office. The Honeywell HWB1033W Cabinet water dispenser is a bit shorter standing in at only 40 inches high. It does have a drip tray that will protect you from spills and can also be taken out for cleaning. Best of all, it has a child lock to prevent kids from using the hot water.
- ETL certified
- Uses 3 or 5 gallon water jugs
- Has a spill proof cap
- Has a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Heats water up to 194° F
- Cools water to 50° F
- Can cater to larger water bottles or bowls
- Has indicator lights(red for hot, blue for cold and green for room)
- Has a bit of storage
- Has a spill-free system
- Water will not taste funny as long as you follow the instructions on maintenance
- Only comes in white
- Hot water heater runs constantly even when not in use(it does have an on and off switch)
- Cold water tap does not dispense cold enough water
Whirlpool Self Cleaning – Best Dispenser with LED Indicators
If you are looking for a self-cleaning water dispenser, then look no more. The Whirlpool Self Cleaning water dispenser will be able to do its job well and more. It uses a 6th sense technology that will use unstable oxygen in order to kill bacteria and other viruses that can contaminate the water. Best of all, it is nice and sleek, which surely suit your office and is made of stainless steel. The nickel planted front and sides adds a very sophisticated and edgy look to it. It is one the most aesthetically pleasing dispenser out in the market today.
- Made by a trusted brand
- LED light indicates when the self-cleaning is running
- LED light will also inform you when the water is at its coldest or at its hottest
- Water temperature can go as low as 9° F
- Hot water is great for tea
- Very durable since the compressor is not used as often due to the cooling system
- Compatible with 3 or 5 gallon water jugs
- Only provides freezing cold or boiling hot water
- Prone to shoes stains and finger prints(because it is made of stainless steel)
Among the 5 listed above, we recommend the Whirlpool self-cleaning water dispenser the most. Its sleek and elegant look and its ability to provide the right temperatures are its strong point. What makes this a great water dispenser is that it is designed for commercial use, but it can still be used at a residential setting. Since it is self-cleaning, no bacteria or viruses will be able to spread through the water valves and pipes. You will be able to enjoy clean water for the whole family and office. Plus, they are manufactured by one of the trusted brands when it comes to home appliances.
The Avalon Bottom Loading Water Dispenser comes in as a close second to the Whirlpool self-cleaning water dispenser since it can provide 3 different water temperatures. You can have freezing cold water, boiling hot water and room temperature water. This is the main difference with the Whirlpool water dispenser. Plus, it has a child-proof lock so your children will not pour boiling hot water on themselves by accident.
So if you are your office manager are looking for a water dispenser, we recommend going for the Whirlpool self-cleaning water dispenser. It is very luxurious yet very durable. It is the perfect combination of everything you will want in a water dispenser.